Subject: Re: IBM screenshots to LW (Flyer)
From: [email-masked] (Timothy Albee)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 17:19:21 -0500

>
>I know I can always do still photos of the IBM screen and use that, but there
>should be a better way!
>

Hyia --

There is!  There are a number of shareware or freeware screen capture
utilities available for the IBM, running under either 3.1 or NT.  I've
gotten a couple of them, and they all work well.  The best remain resident
and wait for a keyboard action (one you define and don't use alot like
<pause>) and put a 'snapshot' of what you're looking at either into the
capture program's buffer or into the clipboard.  Save the file in a format
LW will read and you're all set.

This is also a great way to design image maps for complex objects you're
working on.  Just enlarge the view in Modeler along the axis the image will
be applied on, and do a capture of the polygons to have the image applied
to it .  You'll can load this into Photoshop or whatever and trim it to fit
perfectly around your polys and go to town, knowing exactly where your
surfaceing details will fall!

The quickest way to find them is to do a VSL (Vitrual Software Library)
search if you've got WWW access.  Yahoo, Webcrawler and other web search
engines can point you in the direction of a VSL/SHASE site.

Happy Screen-Cap'ing!

Timothy